“Just Add Grass” Tour Dates:
- There are no tour dates scheduled at this time.
- Please email us if you would like to schedule a group tour.
Costs: $15 per person, children 8 and under are free (children must be accompanied by an adult). Each tour starts promptly at 10:00am and will last about an hour and a half.
Farm Rules during your tour:
- Leave every gate like you found it.
- Re-read rule number 1 so you don’t forget it.
- Treat all electric fence (smooth aluminum wire) as if it is HOT!
- Unattended children may get eaten by the pigs.
- Please don’t tamper with water lines, waterers and feeders.
- Have fun and ask questions!
Here is a basic overview of our operations with information about each:
- We raise cornish-cross meat birds.
- It takes eight weeks to get them to processing size.
- They start in the brooder and stay there two and half to three weeks.
- Then they move them out onto pasture for the remainder of the time.
- We use portable shelters to protect the birds, and we move the shelters every day (yes, every day).
- We process the chickens right here on the farm, and they taste great! You can take one home with you!
- We have mixed breeds of laying hens ranging from Barred Rock to Golden Comets.
- Our kids gather the eggs every day, and we do refrigerate them.
- We move the chickens to fresh pasture once a week using the eggmobile and portable electric netting.
- The netting protects them from ground predators and keeps them together.
- We have mixed breeds of beef cows, and they only eat grass (hay in the winter).
- We sell most of our beef by the pound in our Farm Store.
- We practice rotational grazing, and we move the cows every day or so using portable electric fencing.
- We start them out near the house until they are trained to electric fencing.
- Once trained, we will move them around the farm as well.
- The waterers, feeder, and shelter are all homemade and portable.